Rags to Riches Challenge
Your sim has just run away from something; home? work? a bad relationship? You decide. They find themselves in a new town, with only a small backpack, $100 and a sleeping bag/tent. They are homeless, and with only a small amount of money they need to start working to stop themselves from going broke and starving to death. The challenge is to earn as much money as possible without having a paid job.
- When your sims arrives in town, move them into an empty lot. Then buy them a backpack and a sleeping bag/tent. Then using the ‘familyfunds’ cheat, set their family funds to $100.
- Your sim can earn their money in any way the want, other than actually getting a paid job.
- You cannot use any money cheats to buy skill items, so your sim must either learn skills from the library or doing tasks, or they earn the money to buy skill items.
- Your sim can use any of the towns facilities, such as the pool or the gym to shower and go to the bathroom. If they make friends they can also use the bathroom at their friends house.
- Your sim CANNOT move in with another sim. They must make all their money on their own. If they get married they can keep the money the other sim brings, but they cannot move into the other sims house.
- When your sim has enough money you can start buidling a house of the empty lot they own.
- Your sim can get food in any way they want, whether its eating contests at the festival lots or harvesting food from community gardens. If they have the money they can buy food or eat out.
- You can pick any traits for you sim, but it will be useful if they have traits which will help them, such as ‘green-thumb’ or ‘gatherer’ or ‘natural cook’.
- Your sim can be any gender, age, race, life form… literally anything.
- Their lifetime wish can be anything you want it to be, and obviously one of the goals is to get them their lifetime wish.
- The main goal of this challenge is to take your sim from broke and homeless to having a beautiful house, with plenty of money and food, without them ever having to work a job.
- You can set other goals along the way, such as reaching your sims lifetime wish, or earning a certain amount of money, or raising a child with very little money.
If you do choose to try this challenge, you can tag your posts with “Rags2Riches” or “rags to riches challenge” so other people who are doing the challenge (probably just myself lol) can see how your sim is progressing.
I present to you Haven! I’ve shared a lot of starter homes, so I browsed Houseplanit.com and fell in love with this plan. I absolutely love the layout of this place, and it’s perfect for a legacy home.
I changed a the layout a tiny bit on the top floor and added a second bonus room.
Built on a 40x50 lot, there are two different versions. The first version is already decorated and the second version is a “decorate it yourself”.
With 5 bedrooms, 5 1/2 baths, and a couple of bonus rooms, this house is extremely customizable.
- This house was built using patch 1.67
- I have every EP plus 3 SP’s (OLS, HELS, and TLS) I’ve pretty much used at least one thing from each of these packs in the decorated version. Structurally 90% of the windows come from University. If you want the little water falls coming out of the rocks you’ll need World Adventures because this effect was created using the fog emitter and animations from that EP.
- The good news is, the game will automatically replace any items you don’t have with base game items, so you’ll still be able to use the house, it just may need a bit of TLC to get it to look right.
- I’ve only used 3 pieces of CC: The Full Screen WIndow and Screen Door 1 by b5Studio and the OMSP by GrantHes
- You don’t necessarily need the CC unless you want to have the waterfall effect on the pond and the screened in porch.
- To install, place the .package file in your Sims 3 Library folder found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Library. I’m sorry but I have no idea what the mac equivalent is.
- I take no credit for the original design. I only followed the excellent plan to bring it into ts3.
Q:I'm experiencing the same problem that cyberqueen13 described yesterday. I could easily install the world via the launcher, it shows up as installed as well but when I'm in the main menu of the game the neighbourhood just won't show up at all :( My game is patched to the fullest, so I'm absolutely baffled about what could possibly cause this problem >_<
Just fixed the issue and uploaded a new version. Check the original DL
Sorry for the wait.
Q:Hello! I downloaded the Oasis Landing and I can install just fine but will not appear in the main menu (when I choose a world to play)... How to solve this problem? :/ *sorry for my bad english* -q
I’ve fixed the issue, the old DL link will take you to the new version!
Sorry about the wait.
Playable Oasis Landing
I’ve made Oasis Landing into a main hood with the use of CAW. This means that you’ll be able to choose Oasis Landing as your hood when you start a new game! No pesky travelling to the future for you, now you can have all that Oasis Landing has to offer right off the bat!
**This is a pre-populated world, meaning it already has townies moved into the homes. All EA families that are residing in Oasis Landing when you first travel to the future have been inserted into the world, complete with the custom descriptions that EA gave them, and are ready to play!**
**All empty residential lots have been changed from ownable vacation lots to regular residential lots**
**I’m fully patched, so I’m not sure if this will work on earlier patches**
**REQUIRES INTO THE FUTURE EP TO PLAY**
**If you’re looking for more homes to populate your new Oasis Landing hood with I suggest looking here. I also highly suggest Zoolie’s Interstellar Cantina by the lovely Sionelle, a wretched hive of scum and villainy if I ever saw one!.**
I HAVE FIXED THE ISSUE!!!!!!!
Apparently having my version named the exact same as the EA version caused problems.
The link will now take you to a file called Naiya’s Oasis Landing. I made sure it installed correctly using a fresh Sims 3 folder.
Sorry about the wait, I was kind of in a bit of a funk.
Thanks for understanding and being patient guys!